Removing dead epidermal cells benefits the skin in many ways:
- Skin texture is smoother and softer.
- Follicle openings are cleaner.
- Deep pore cleansing and extraction are easier.
- The cell turnover rate is increased, bringing new cells to the surface more rapidly.
- The skin’s ability to retain moisture and lipids is improved.
- Product penetration is improved, and delivery of ingredients into the epidermis is more effective.
- Blood flow and circulation are stimulated.
- Makeup apllication is smoother and more even.
Exfoliation is beneficial for the following conditions:
- Oily, clogged skin with blackheads, whiteheads, and minor acne breakouts
- Dry or dehydrated skin with cell buildup, flaking, and a tight, dry surface
- Dull, lifeless-looking skin (this skin condition actually has a tremendous buildup of dead cells that produce a slight gray color on the surface)
Masks and packs provide many benefits for the skin. Depending on their ingredients, they can do the following:
- Tighten and tone the skin
- Draw impurities out of the pores
- Clear up blemishes
- Calm and soothe
- Rejuvenate the skin
- Brighten the complextion
The following are some benefits of using moisturizers and hydrators:
- Protecting skin from the elements
- Nourishing skin through ingredients
- Balancing oil-water content of skin
- Treating various skin conditions such as redness, aging, or dryness
Information Courtesy Brittany Brown of Esthetics night class.
Sound interesting? Do you enjoy making people look and feel better about their appearance? Then maybe Esthetics is for you! Call us for a tour of our facility 251-473-2220. Check back for more of what’s happening in Esthetics!