Find Your Future with Cosmetology at Blue Cliff
This 1500 Hour program provides education and experience in the current and emerging technology within the scientific and practical study of a beauty culture with instruction in the care and beautifications of hair, skins and nails. It also provides personal and professional image and ethical conduct. Practical skills and related knowledge are taught through theory class and laboratory experiences. Instruction is primarily competency based, derived from occupational analysis and / or recognized national standards.
$ Annual Income $
Learn by doing in our Cosmetology Courses
The program provides the student with the skills and knowledge of the practice of nail, skin, and hair services. The skills included but are not limited to: manicuring, pedicuring, artificial nail enhancements, skin care, basic waxing services, application of make-up, shampooing, haircutting, hairstyling, braiding and extensions, wigs, chemical texture services, hair coloring, employment and business procedures in the salon and spa environment.
Techniques covered also include cosmetic and hair chemistry, sanitation, safety, anatomy, salon management and personal management. Particular emphasis is given to decision-making and problem solving techniques in applying science, mathematics, communication concepts, and social skills that solve technical problems.
- Understand the importance of consumer safety and general safety procedures.
- Define ethics in the field of Cosmetology.
- Use ergonomic principles and correct postures when performing cosmetology procedures including hair, skin and nails.
- Conduct a successful client consultation.
- Understand the principles and practices of infection control and universal precautions.
- Gain a practical knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology relating to basic and advanced cosmetology procedures.
- Ability to perform range of motion and orthopedic testing.
- Gains knowledge of trigger point patterns and their effect on function.
- Describe the structure, composition and function of the skin.
- Describe the structure and composition of nails and how they grow.
- Describe the structure and composition of hair and scalp. List hair and scalp disorders.
Proficiency Goals Cont’d
- Identify facial types and demonstrate basic makeup procedures for any occasion.
- Recognize and describe various disorders and irregularities of the nails.
- Perform manicure techniques in a safe manner using appropriate tools and supplies.
- Perform pedicure techniques in a safe manner using appropriate tools and supplies.
- Demonstrate use of various artificial nail enhancements.
- Implement the proper procedure for application and removal of acrylic nail enhancements.
- Prepare for employment through testing for a license, preparing a resume, exploring the job market and researching for potential employers.
- List the qualities and habits of a good salon employee and demonstrate the ability to retail product.
- Prepare a business plan and list factors necessary to open a salon for self-employment.
- And Much Much More!!!
Our Students deserve the Best, So they get the Best!
Employers Love Our Students!
Real People, Real Careers
- Hair Stylist
- Platform Artist
- Salon Owner
- Spa Owner
- Celebrity Stylist
- Makeup Artist
- Wedding Stylist
- Skin Care Specialist
- Nail Specialist
- and much much more
What Classes Will you Take?
1500 Hour Curriculum
- Acrylic Nails (20 Hours)
- Basic Chemistry (14 Hours)
- Basic Electricity (14 Hours)
- Braiding and Braid Extensions* (7 Hours)
- Chemical Texture Service* (22.5 Hours)
- Communicating for Success* (12 Hours)
- CPR/First Aid (3 Hours)
- Facial Makeup* (22 Hours)
- Facials* (22 Hours)
- General Anatomy and Physiology (33.5 Hours)
- Hair Coloring* (182.5 Hours)
- Hair Cutting* (75 Hours)
- Hair Removal* (16 Hours)
- Hair Styling* (387 Hours)
- History & Career Opportunities (3 Hours)
- Infection Control Principles and Practice (17 Hours)
- Laws Rules and Regulations* (12 Hours)
- Life Skills* (5 Hours)
- Manicuring* (13.5 Hours)
- Nail Disease & Disorders (24Hours)
- Nail Structure and Growth (14 Hours)
- Nail Tips & Wraps & No Light Gels (23 Hours)
- On the Job (1 Hours)
- Pedicuring* (13 Hours)
- Permanent Waving* (140 Hours)
- Principles of Hair Design*(14 Hours)
- Properties of Hair and Scalp* (22.5 Hours)
- Seeking Employment (1 Hour)
- Shampooing, Rinsing, & Conditioning* (57.5 Hours)
- Skin Tease and Disorders* (22 Hours)
- Skin Structure and Growth* (22 Hours)
- Supervised Clinical Services* (245 Hours)
- The Salon Business(1 Hour)
- UV Gel Nails*(16 Hours)
- Wigs & Hair Enhancements* (7 Hours)
- Your Professional Image (6 Hours)
- TOTAL CLOCK HOURS: 1500
When will you take them?
First you have to choose between our day program or night program depending on what fits your schedule best.
12 – 14 Months
Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
18 – 19 Months
Monday- Thursday 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Classes with an * may be taken out of sequence and ** any sequence after Massage I: Swedish Massage. All
schedules are subject to change without notice, and the latest schedules are enclosed with this catalog.
Curriculum & schedule is subject to change by the school. If curriculum objectives are met in a given modality
above, the balance of the hours may be attended in another course/module. All training hours earned and
measured only in clock hours.
Request More Information
If you’d like to learn more about Blue Cliff’s area leading massage therapy program please request more information below or give us a call. We’d be happy to answer any questions about our programs, financial assistance, or anything else related to massage therapy her at Blue Cliff.